It’s that time of the year again, the balloons are out, cards fill the shops and the #love on instagram is real! I am very lucky to have Rob and thought I would share with you what I made for him last year, it went down a storm!
- Find a small baking tray and line it with greaseproof paper. It didn’t say to do this on pinterest but I predicted that I would make a mess… I did so I would definitely recommend this step!
- Melt 200g/300g of chocolate in a bowl with a knob of butter. This can be done over the stove with a glass bowl over boiling water or in the microwave, I chose the microwave method.
- Once the chocolate has melted pour it into the baking tray and give the try a bash a couple of times on the kitchen surface to knock out any air bubbles and to ensure that the layer of chocolate is even.
- Then take your salted pretzels and lay them in lines in some form of pattern like the one above.
- Decorate the chocolate with something suitable for Valentine’s Day.
- On the pinterest recipe, it called for sprinkles however I saw Freeze Dried Raspberries in Sainsbury’s and I was sold!
- This stage is the tricky one, just a warning.
- Melt 50g/100g of white chocolate a bowl with a knob of butter.
- With a teaspoon carefully spoon the white chocolate into the centre of the pretzel pieces.
- Inside each pretzel place an edible candy heart, as you can see I didn’t always manage to get it in the middle but IT’S OKAY, it’s homemade stop panicking. Well thats what I kept telling myself!
- Once all the pretzels have been filled and all the hearts carefully placed, VERY carefully give the baking tin a bash on top of the kitchen worktop to make sure that there are no air bubbles in the white chocolate.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge to set, I left mine overnight.
As you can see it cutting it didn’t go completely to plan, it didn’t turn out looking exactly like the pinterest post. I would recommend leaving it all as one far as I found cutting it evenly was quite difficult. I wrapped up the bars I made and delivered it to my sweet, he loved it!
With the left over pretzels I half dipped them in white chocolate and sprinkled with freeze dried raspberries, honestly these were delicious.
What have you made this valentines?