Since joining the blogging world I stumbled across beauty subscription boxes, I looked at a few and the one that should I say spoke to me was the Lookfantastic box. With the pretty Christmas packaging, promise of lots of luxury products and the price of only £13 per month I was drawn in and took the plunge. I didn’t want to review only 1 box as I didn’t think this would give a fair representation of the value for money so I waited until I had all 3 to review but this does mean that I haven’t actually tried any of the items in the box (no matter how loud they were calling my name)! Anyway on with the boxes!
When this arrived I was so excited to open it, as were the two women in my office at the time! This was what was in the box;
- bellapierre cosmetics mineral lipstick in the shade Ruby (It is very bright red!) I think I might be able to pull it off in the summer. It is full size the RRP of that is £20 so more than paid for the box itself!
- KORRES Guava Shower Gel. I hadn’t heard of this brand before it appeared in my box and since I have seen it in Selfridges, Debenham’s etc so I am excited to have a little luxury in my shower. This is a travel size and worth approx £3.00.
- Ole HENRIKSEN’S Enpower Foaming Milk Cleanser. I wasn’t overly excited but I am happy to try out new cleansers to find the right one for me! This is a travel size bottle of approx £3.99 value.
- REN V-Cense Youth Vitality Day Cream. I have heard of this brand so very happy to try a sample size 15ml. I was unable to try and find a price but I know this will be good.
- KEBELO Enriching Masque. This is a hair mask, I haven’t ever tried a hair mask before. I will give it a go! As this brand is really expensive I think this travel size is worth around £5.
All in all I was overly “oh my gosh this box is amazing” but I wasn’t disappointed either!
This was set to be a “bumper” box as it was the Christmas edition. It didn’t disappoint! So what was in the box?
- Wetbrush SQUIRT. This is a hairbrush that brushes out tangles easily and is designed to be used on wet hair! I have been wanting a brush like this for a while so I am very excited to be able to get it out of the box and start using it! These are around £11.99 in the UK but as I googled they are $4.99 in the USA… they might want to rethink their pricing strategy when going against Tangle Teezer as if I had a choice I would have picked a Tangle Teezer.
- CODAGE No.3 Radiance & Energy Serum. I’m not overly familiar with serum’s and I haven’t heard of this brand but it looks fancy and I’m ok with that! I will give it a try, this sample size is approximately £7.99 and the full size bottle is £70.00. No I haven’t put the decimal point in the wrong place you saw correctly… £70! I think I can safely say that even if it turns me into Cinderella I won’t be purchasing the full size product!
- Eylure Double Lash Eyelashes. I wear glasses so I cannot wear fake eyelashes, I will regift these to someone as they will simply be a waste in my hands! They retail from £4.99 to £6.99 so great if you love fake eyelashes but I was disappointed to receive them.
- Molton Brown Coco & Sandalwood Body Wash. Oh now this I was very happy to receive, it smells SO good. I mean good! This bottle is worth around £6.00 and I will happily use this up in the shower!
- Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser 50ml travel size. I was familiar with this brand as I saw it and tested a few products at my time at Fortnums and I must say I do really love them. The value of this travel size is around £10 and I can’t wait to try it out.
- Lord & Berry Pailette Glitter Eye Pencil. This caught my eye and I was happy to receive this. I didn’t use it at Christmas as I haven’t mastered eyeliner on top of my eye (I’m still a makeup newbie really!). It retails for around £10.00.
This is the best box out of the three but I do think that it was because it was the Christmas edition. But all of the above for £13?! BARGAIN!
I knew that this box wouldn’t be as good as the Christmas box so I tried not to get my hopes up too much but I wasn’t disappointed either. Although I must say the packaging of the Christmas editions is so lovely that I will be keeping the boxes in my wardrobe to store make up in but this one was plain black and arrived with scratches on so I was a bit disappointed. Anyway, on with the contents:
- KEBELO The Ultimate Hair Detox. I won’t lie I was disappointed to see this, my hair is in good condition and I don’t really feel that it is in need of a detox! That sounded smug, what I really mean is “what on earth is a hair detox?!” I guess I will find out! This was a travel size and worth around £5.00
- KEBELO Silky Soft Smoothness. My thoughts of this are very similiar to my thoughts above. I don’t know if I will use it and the full sizes are ridiculously priced so it is unlikely that I will feel like I really need this product. This was also a travel size and worth around £5.00.
- Bellapierre Shimmer Shadow. I was happy to see this little pot of happiness in the box, it’s a good colour for me and I will happily play around with it! The price of this ranges from £6.50 to £12.99.
- Dr Lancer Lancer The Method: Polish. I feel with this product lookfantastic have given us half a regime, we’re supposed to tone polish our faces with this and then cleanse with the Dr Lancer The Method: Cleanse which as I have seen the price I will NOT be doing! The full size of this product is £60.00 (the value of the sample approx £10.00) that is just crazy money, I might use it but I don’t think I will ever be so impressed as to agree to that price!
- NUXE Nuxellence Detox 15ml. I was happy to see this brand included in the box as it is one i’ve fancied trying for a while. I will use this before bed as directed then hope & prey that I wake up looking like a Disney Princess? A girl can dream right! This sample size is worth between £3 and £5.
- DARPHIN Azahar Cleansing Micellar Water 50ml. I saw this and automatically said “oooh” excitably to myself! I have only used the Garnier micellar water so this will be interesting to compare as the full size of this product is £16+!
All in all I was disappointed with this box as the two biggest products were hair products that I just won’t use but I still think that this is good value for money.
So my 3 months is up, will I be continuing? YES. I think these boxes are great value and a treat every month. If you think how much money you spend on skincare/haircare/make up per month because we all want to try new things and review them this is such a cheaper way of doing so. Money is tight and as we have said so many times before the struggle to save for our holiday is REAL. This is a luxury that I can just about afford but makes the beauty bunny inside of me happy every month. There are other beauty boxes around but I quite like the variety of products that I have received and I do like lookfantastic as a company!
Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?